MCF Planned Giving | Endowment
Six Ways to Make a Planned Gift
A planned gift, such as a bequest in your will or trust, life insurance designations, or stock donation ensures Moonlight Stage Production's future will remain artistically vivid and financially sound well into the future.
- A gift in your will or living trust.
- A simple charitable bequest can provide very meaningful support for our mission as well as reduce the amount of estate and inheritance taxes paid. Bequests may be specific assets or amounts, or they may be proportional or residual in nature.
- A gift of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Many people have life insurance policies that are no longer needed for their original purposes. Such policies can be given to the Moonlight Cultural Foundation and an income tax deduction can be taken for the cash surrender value. Plus, the annual premiums on a new or existing policy given to the Moonlight Cultural Foundation irrevocably may also be tax-deductible.
- A beneficiary designation on your life insurance policy.
- Without giving up ownership of your life insurance policy, you can still designate the Moonlight Cultural Foundation as a whole or partial death beneficiary.
- A gift of financial accounts.
- Most checking, savings and brokerage accounts can be bequeathed to the Moonlight Cultural Foundation through a simple “payable on death” designation with your financial institution.
- A gift of retirement benefits.
- Naming the Moonlight Cultural Foundation as primary, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement plan is a simple, practical gift idea.
- A gift of savings bonds.
- Many people have fully appreciated savings bonds. These assets cannot be donated during your lifetime without first being converted to cash and, therefore, generating taxable income. By making a gift of savings bonds through your will, you can avoid this tax and support our mission.
Contact the Foundation today to leave your lasting legacy.